The Pioneer Library System is seeking an energetic person with a clean driver's license and stamina to load, unload, sort multiple 50-lb bins of library materials. This position would work approximately 10-20 hrs/wk every Thursday and Friday from about 3:30 pm - 10:00 pm.
Deadline to Apply: August 4, 2017.
To apply, please send a completed application to:
Pioneer Library System
2557 State Route 21
Canandaigua, NY 14424
Member Library Jobs
Library Director I, Newark Public Library
The Board of Trustees of the Newark (NY) Public Library seeks a passionate, forward-thinking director to lead the library into a bright future. In 2006, the library became a district library with stable, voter-directed funding and an elected board of trustees.
Located between the Finger Lakes and Lake Ontario and situated on the Erie Canal, Newark, NY is a village that is rich with history and recreational possibilities. Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge, Waterloo Premium Outlets, an abundance of wineries, and the city of Rochester are all within a short drive from Newark, giving our small town community big-city advantages.
- Administer budget, finances, and personnel of the library.
- Plan, implement and evaluate library services.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with the Pioneer Library System, its member libraries, and community organizations.
- Promote community visibility.
- Develop policies in collaboration with the Board of Trustees.
The Successful Candidate
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Commitment to providing high-quality service in an ever-changing public library environment, including familiarity with emerging technologies.
- Demonstrated experience in managing public library personnel and budgets.
- Strong commitment to community relations.
Education and Experience
- A Master’s Degree in Librarianship from a library school that is accredited by the American Library Association.
- Two years of post MLS professional library experience.
Compensation and Benefits
- Starting salary range: $50,000-$55,000
- 20 vacation days, 12 sick days, 9 holidays, and 3 personal days per year.
- Health and dental benefits available.
- New York State Retirement
How to Apply
- Email application materials (cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references) in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on August 21, 2017.
- Submit an Employment and Exam Application along with the $10 application fee to Wayne County Human Resources by August 21, 2017. The application is available at http://web.co.wayne.ny.us/human-resources/
Civil Service Requirements
The successful candidate will be hired on a provisional basis until they pass the Civil Service Training and Experience exam entitled Library Director I as one of the top three scorers.
For additional information, please visit http://web.co.wayne.ny.us/human-resources/.
The Library Director I Exam Announcement is available at: http://web.co.wayne.ny.us/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/LIBDIR-I-EXAM.pdf