The Pioneer Library System is seeking an energetic person with a clean driver's license and stamina to load, unload, sort multiple 50-lb bins of library materials. This position would work approximately 10-20 hrs/wk every Thursday and Friday from about 3:30 pm - 10:00 pm.
Deadline to Apply: August 4, 2017.
To apply, please send a completed application to:
Pioneer Library System
2557 State Route 21
Canandaigua, NY 14424
Member Library Jobs
Library Director, Clifton Springs Library
About the Position:
The Board of Trustees of the Clifton Springs (NY) Library seeks an innovative director to lead this village library with a staff of ten. The Library is an association library with a stable endowment and an elected board of trustees. Located in the Finger Lakes region, Clifton Springs, NY is a quaint village set in farming country, near two lakes, wineries, and the city of Rochester.
* Plan, implement and evaluate library services and collection.
* Administer the budget, finances, and personnel of the library.
* Manage the fund drive and all other annual fundraising efforts.
* Seek out and apply for grants, other development and funding sources.
* Maintain positive relationships with the Pioneer Library System, its member libraries, and all local community organizations.
* Promote community visibility and an online presence through website and social media.
* Develop policies in collaboration with the Board of Trustees.
* Stay ahead of library trends, the impact of changing information technology, and the amount of acceptable risk the Board is willing to take in implementing new ideas.
* A desire to meet and serve the public.
The Successful Candidate:
* Excellent organizational, interpersonal, problem-solving, and project management skills.
* Acts independently and assumes responsibility.
* Commitment to providing high-quality service in an ever-changing public library environment, including familiarity with emerging technologies.
* Demonstrated experience in managing library personnel and budgets.
* Strong commitment to community relations.
Education and Experience:
* Required: a Bachelor of the Arts or Sciences degree in an area of study applicable to library management.
* Preferred: A Master’s Degree in Library and Information studies from a college or university accredited by the American Library Association.
* Two or more years of professional library management experience.
Compensation and Benefits:
* Starting salary range based on education and experience: $ 32,000.00 – 42,000.00 annually.
* 10 vacation days after 6 months, one sick day per month, 13 holidays, 2 personal days per year.
* Other benefits may be discussed during the interview process.
Please forward resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Apply by November 20, 2017.