Looking for a new website? Interested in using a simple, easy to update template? Join Hope Decker and Ron Kirsop on October 18 as they help libraries develop straightforward websites using the Prefab Template.
Prefab is a simple, no-cost, Wordpress template available to PLS member libraries as a static, low-upkeep option for your website needs. After development, individual sites are maintained by the library, hosted on PLS servers, and supported by PLS staff.
Examples of existing Prefab sites:
- Prefab Example Page
- Marion Public Library’s site
- Warsaw Public Library’s site
- Rose Free Library’s site
For the October 18 event, you will need a digital copy of the content you would like to add to your website. Possible content options include, but are not limited to:
- Description of the library
- History of library
- Board Information
- Staff Information
- Library services
- PDFs of policies, bylaws, and/or board minutes
- Link to your existing calendar
- Links to social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- High resolution images of the library building/programs/posters/logos/etc.
- Current library updates or news
- Additional page ideas and content
- Friends information
Registration Deadline: October 14, 2016.
Contact Ron Kirsop with any questions regarding your existing website, Prefab template, or the October 18th event.