The Pioneer Library System (PLS) is a New York State-chartered, cooperative public library system serving the forty-two public libraries in Livingston, Ontario, Wayne, and Wyoming counties. One of twenty-three public library systems in New York State, it was created to enhance the service of and promote cooperation among its member libraries.
Each public library is governed by its own board of trustees. A nine-member board representing the forty-two member libraries oversees the administration of the Pioneer Library System.
To offer member libraries the tools and services they need to reach their full potential.
- Christine Ryan, President (Livingston County)
- Subrata Paul, Vice President (Wayne County)
- Ellen Mitchell, Secretary (Central Library)
- Julie Gruendike, Treasurer (Wyoming County)
- Jennifer Tessendorf (Ontario County)
- Judith McKinney (Ontario County)
- Virginia Keenan (Wayne County)
- Liz Smith-Rossiter (Livingston County)
- Vacant (Wyoming County)
- Board Meeting Minutes
- System Policies
- Strategic Plan 2020.12.09.pdf
- Plan of Service 2017-2021.PDF
- Plan of Service Goals 2017-2021.pdf
- Central Library Plan of Service 2017-2021.pdf
- Free Direct Access Plan 2017-2021.pdf
- Fees and Grants Document 2021.pdf
- System Satisfaction Survey Report 2020.pdf