Technology Services Librarian
- Develops, coordinates, and implements technology training for member library staff in areas that support technology needs (i.e., email, vendor agnostic office suites, websites, general computer skills, and other identified training topics).
- Drafts technology updates for publications to member libraries and documents internal technology information.
- Manages System WordPress website and Member Library WordPress multi-site.
- Manages inventory of System technology and equipment.
- Manages E-Rate projects in conjunction with tech department, administration, and outside E-Rate consultants.
- Responds to help desk tickets from Member Libraries.
- Investigates and implements technology solutions for library services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Strong curiosity about new technologies and their impact on libraries.
- Expert training/teaching skills.
- Expert verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of WordPress and website management.
- Help Desk and troubleshooting experience.
- Willingness to learn on the job and keep current with technology trends.
Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary range $57,000 - $60,000, commensurate with experience.
- Vacation, sick time, holiday, and health insurance benefits
- NYS Retirement
How to Apply
To apply, send a PDF of a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com with the subject line: "Technology Services Librarian [Last Name]".
Preference will be given to applications received by March 15, 2022. The position will remain open until filled.
About Pioneer Library System
The Pioneer Library System (PLS) is a cooperative library system located in Canandaigua, NY and serves 42 small and rural public libraries across Ontario, Wyoming, Wayne, and Livingston Counties.