The State Aid for Public Library Construction Grant Program for our region is administered through the Pioneer Library System. To learn more about this program, please visit the New York State Division of Library Development's website.
Before You Apply:
- Submit the 2019 Intent to Apply to PLS by Friday, May 31, 2019.
- Register for a NYS Directory Service Account (necessary to complete the online application)
- FEIN and SED Vendor Number: For a public library to apply for funding from the NY State Library’s Public Library Construction Grant Program, the library must have its own FEIN number, which will enable the library to receive a NY State Education Department vendor number. A public library must be assigned a vendor number to receive construction grant funds.
- No FEIN? You will need to apply for one from the IRS.
- No NY State Education vendor number? Let us know and we can contact the NY State Library’s Division of Library Development and they will help the library complete the process for receiving a SED vendor ID number.
- DUNS Number: A 9-digit DUNS number is issued by Dun & Bradstreet and used by the federal government to track how federal grant funds are allocated and expended by NY State, the State Education Department, and local agencies. To search for your agency's DUNS number or to register for one, go to Dun & Bradstreet's website.
- SHPO Approval: If your building is more than 50 years old you may need to receive approval from the State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO).
- March 7, 2019: Informational meeting for libraries intending on applying for a Construction Grant in 2019
- May 31, 2019: Intent to Apply Form due to PLS
- June 12, 2019: Construction Aid Award Committee meeting to approve Intent to Apply Forms for full application
- June 13, 2019: Libraries will be notified to begin work on their full Construction Grant Application
- June 27, 2019: Libraries must affirm that they are moving forward with their projects at the award level announced.
- August 31, 2019: Full Construction Grant Application due to PLS
- September 11, 2019: PLS Board Meeting, Construction Grant Committee to recommend project approval
- September 12, 2019: Libraries will receive approved recommendation notification from the PLS board
- October 3, 2019: Approximate deadline for PLS to submit final construction grant application due to DLD
- July-August 2020: Libraries will be notified that their applications have been approved by DLD and DASNY
- September-October 2020: Libraries will receive the first initial payment of Construction Grant Funds.
Click here to complete the Intent to Apply Form by May 31, 2019.