Automation Services Librarian
The Pioneer Library System (PLS) is a cooperative library system located in Canandaigua, NY and serves 42 small and rural public libraries across Ontario, Wyoming, Wayne, and Livingston Counties. We are currently looking for a detailed oriented and coding savvy librarian to help further the development and support of our Integrated Library System (ILS), Evergreen. Under the direction of the Executive Director, this position will be part of the ILS team that focuses on the enhancement, development, management, and support of our ILS. Typical tasks include running report queries in the ILS, monitoring and testing updates, supporting ILS issues at member libraries, offering training sessions, and influencing system-wide policy.
Essential Duties Include:
- Work with Computer and Network Services Manager, PLS staff, and member libraries to identify and coordinate ILS developments, enhancements, upgrades, and reporting; third party services associated with the ILS; and other services and projects relating to library technologies provided by PLS.
- Effectively lead ILS related projects through development, management, implementation, and closing.
- Maintain professional communication and working relationships with system staff, member libraries, project team members, vendors, and ILS related communities.
- Coordinate activities with system staff on ILS related projects.
- Manage, implement, and advise on ILS related policies and procedures.
- Organize and conduct project team meetings, policy advisory committee meetings, and user group meetings.
- Provide support for procedure and policy-related ILS questions.
- Present and train on ILS related topics to system staff and member libraries.
- Partners with the Cataloging & E-Resources Specialist for backup and support.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of integrated library systems and technology specific to the acquisition, cataloging, and circulation of library resources; bibliographic databases, public access catalogs, and how they are used.
- Knowledge of SQL, HTML, CSS, and XML.
- Knowledge of issues and workflows that have an impact upon member libraries.
- General knowledge of cataloging (i.e. MARC, RDA).
- Skill in consulting and working with library professionals and contractors.
- Skills in drafting and updating written policies, procedures, and directives.
- Ability to manage projects successfully.
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel to member libraries and conferences as required.
Education and Experience
- MLS or equivalent degree from an ALA accredited school of library and information science
- New York State Public Librarian’s Professional Certificate.
- Two or more years of relevant professional library experience sufficient to perform essential duties of the position; or equivalent combination of training, education, and experience.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary range $52,000 - $56,000, commensurate with experience.
- Vacation, sick time, holiday, and health insurance benefits
- NYS Retirement
How to Apply
To apply for this position, send a PDF with your cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Automation Services Librarian. Preference will be given to applications received by November 18, 2019. The position will remain open until filled.