Pioneer Library System Adult Literacy/Workforce Development Grant
Request for Proposal
Application Deadline: November 3, 2017
See attachment below for full RFP and application.
Libraries offer training and resources to help New York’s workforce attain literacy levels as well as the skills and tools needed for successful careers. Workforce development includes literacy, TASC (high school equivalency exam) preparation, citizenship information, as well as job and career information assistance. Adults are defined as persons over the age of 16 who are not enrolled in school. Libraries are encouraged to apply for a grant to carry out a project or program supporting workforce development in their community. Grants may range from $2500-5000.
What types of projects are eligible for funding?
Project must enhance workforce development programs in the library and it’s community. Workforce development programs in public libraries help adults who are looking for work acquire skills needed for employment and self-sufficiency.
Projects must have a community partner. Partnership examples include but are not limited to community colleges, literacy providers, or one-stop career centers.
Projects may include the following:
- Programming and activities that bring non-library users into the library
- Programming and activities that encourage adults who need literacy services to use their library’s resources
- Programming and activities that increase access to library resources and information about career development or job seeking strategies
- Library services, materials and resources for underserved populations.
- Contracts for project services, e.g. programs, planning, publications, trainers, evaluators
- Library materials for adults over 16
- Project equipment
- Project supplies
- Project publicity
- Evaluation and publication of a report for project replication
- Other purposes directly related to project success
Project funds may NOT be used for:
- Personnel costs (salaries and/or benefits)
- Replacing system or library operating funds which are already used to support ongoing programs and services
- Building modification, construction or renovation
- Overhead and administrative costs
- Proposals due via email to Andrea Snyder (email@example.com) : November 3th, 2017
- COSAC Committee & PLS Outreach Office choose grant recipients: November 2017
- Funds delivered to grant recipients by December 15th, 2017
- Grant recipients present projects to COSAC at late spring meeting
- Projects must be completed by June 30, 2018
- Final Report due Andrea Snyder (firstname.lastname@example.org) by July 13th, 2018
Questions? Contact Andrea Snyder (email@example.com or 585-394-8260 x102)
See attachment for full RFP and application.