A Startup Guide to Building an Amazing Library Website Using the Wordpress Content Management System
Libraries and Wordpress
WordPress is currently the most popular Content Management System in the world, responsible for over 60% of all CMS managed websites and nearly 25% of the internet as a whole. Libraries worldwide are using this same software to easily and cheaply improve their web presence.
To help libraries just starting, in this one hour webinar we will cover:
- Difference between wordpress.com (blog software), and wordpress.org (a content management system)
- Where and how to acquire a domain name, and hosting
- How to install WordPress
- Where and how to install a theme
- How to download and install some key plugins
- Next steps to improving your website.
About the Speaker:
Robert Drake is currently the Technology Operations Manager for the Mid-Hudson Library System. In this role he has developed over 50 WordPress websites for both public libraries and the system. He began working withWordPress originally in 2007 and has remained an active WordPress developer ever since.