The State Aid for Public Library Construction Grant Program for our region is administered through the Pioneer Library System. To learn more about this program please visit the New York State Division of Library Development’s website.
Before You Apply:
- Submit the 2017 Intent to Apply Form to PLS by May 24, 2017
- Register for a NYS Directory Service Account (necessary to complete the online application)
- FEIN and SED Vendor Number: In order for a public library to apply for funding from the NY State Library’s Public Library Construction Grant Program, the library must have its own FEIN number, which will enable the library to receive a NY State Education Department vendor number. A public library must be assigned a vendor number in order to receive construction grant funds.
- No FEIN? You will need to apply for one from the IRS.
- No NY State Education vendor number? Barbara Massago in the NY State Library’s Division of Library Development will help the library complete the process for receiving a SED vendor ID number. She can be contacted at Barbara.email@example.com or by calling (518) 486-4885.
- DUNS Number: A 9-digit DUNS number is issued by Dun & Bradstreet and used by the federal government to track how federal grant funds are allocated and expended by NY State, the State Education Department, and local agencies. To search for your agency's DUNS number or to register for one, go to Dun & Bradstreet's website.
- SHPO Approval: If your building is more than 50 years old you may need to receive approval from the State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO).
- April 18, 2017: Conference call for libraries intending on applying for a 2017 Construction Grant
- May 24, 2017: Intent to Apply Form due to PLS
- June 5, 2017: Facilities committee meeting to approve Intent to Apply Forms for full application
- June 19, 2017: Libraries will be notified to begin work on their full Construction Grant Application
- August 31, 2017: Full Construction Grant Application due to PLS
- September 13, 2017: PLS Board Meeting, Construction Grant Committee to recommend project approval
- September 14, 2017: Libraries will receive approved recommendation notification from the PLS board
- October 3, 2017: Approximate deadline for final construction grant application due to DLD
- July-August 2018: Libraries will be notified that their applications have been approved by DLD and DASNY
- September-October 2018: Libraries will receive the first initial payment of Construction Grant Funds.