2017 Construction Grant information coming soon.
The State Aid for Public Library Construction Grant Program for our region is administered through the Pioneer Library System. To learn more about this program please visit the New York State Division of Library Development’s website.
Before You Apply:
- Submit the 2016 Construction Grant Intent to Apply to PLS by June 7, 2016
- Register for a NYS Directory Service Account (necessary to complete the online application)
- FEIN and SED Vendor Number: In order for a public library to apply for funding from the NY State Library’s Public Library Construction Grant Program, the library must have its own FEIN number, which will enable the library to receive a NY State Education Department vendor number. A public library must be assigned a vendor number in order to receive construction grant funds.
- No FEIN? You will need to apply for one from the IRS.
- No NY State Education vendor number? Barbara Massago in the NY State Library’s Division of Library Development will help the library complete the process for receiving a SED vendor ID number. She can be contacted at Barbara.firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (518) 486-4885.
- DUNS Number: A 9-digit DUNS number is issued by Dun & Bradstreet and used by the federal government to track how federal grant funds are allocated and expended by NY State, the State Education Department, and local agencies. To search for your agency's DUNS number or to register for one, go to Dun & Bradstreet's website.
- SHPO Approval: If your building is more than 50 years old you may need to receive approval from the State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO).
- April 19, 2016: Informational meeting for libraries intending to apply for a 2016 Construction Grant
- June 7, 2016: Intent to Apply form due to PLS
- June 20, 2016: PLS Facilities committee allocates funds and recommends library projects for full application
- June 21, 2016: Libraries will be notified to begin work on their full Construction Grant Application
- July 18, 2016: Approximate date that DLD will open the Online Construction Grant Application
- September 2, 2016: Full Online Construction Grant Application due to PLS
- September 14, 2016: PLS Board will review the recommended allocations and projects made by the PLS Facilities Committee
- September 15, 2016: Libraries will receive approved recommendation notifications from the PLS board
- October 3, 2016: Approximate deadline for final construction grant application due to DLD
- July-August 2017: Libraries will be notified that their applications have been approved by DLD and DASNY
- September-October 2017: Libraries will receive the first initial payment of Construction Grant funds
- Construction Grant Instructions
- Construction Grant Checklist
- Intent to Apply
- Sample Facilities Plan Outline
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Conference Call Slides - April 20, 2016
2016 Construction Grant Projects
|Stevens Memorial Community Library||Entrance and ADA Compliance Upgrade Project|
|Avon Free Library||Interior Renovation Project|
|Geneva Public Library||LED Lighting and Accessibility Project|
|Wood Library Association||Exterior Masonry Restoration, Brick Repointing, and Space Reconfiguration Project|
|Red Creek Free Library||Boiler Replacement Project|
|Perry Public Library||Air Conditioning Replacement Project|
|Wolcott Civic Free Library||Creation of Library Parking Lot Project|
|Warsaw Public Library||Elevator Accessibility and Building Safety Project|
|Bell Memorial Library||Furnace Replacement Project|